You may be required to complete a vehicle audit if this is a service your company has opted for.
If you drive your own, personal vehicle on business journeys, you will need to provide your insurance certificate.
I've been told my insurance only covers commuting
If your insurance policy only covers commuting, you will need to arrange additional coverage with your insurance provider to include business use.
Commuting versus Business Use
- Commuting: this only covers your travel to and from one, permanent place of work.
- Business Use: this covers all your business-related journeys. i.e. travel for training, meetings, client visits, etc.
How do I update my insurance certificate with my new cover?
- Log into Riskmapp
- Go to My Profile page. This may be your homepage by default. If not, click Go To My Profile at the top-left of the screen.
- Under Personal Vehicle Status, click the Actions button
- Click Update Insurance Certificate
- Select the 'I will upload a copy of my insurance certification using the form below' option and click Select Files
- Upload your new insurance certificate and Save